9/28/2009

Fairytale Shades

What allured me to this room instantaneously were the peaceful shades of tea rose and lavender in the roman shades. Bay windows are attractive in their own right, but when dressed up they can transition from a nice architectural feature to a

spectacular room-owning statement.


I am not a pink and purple kind of girl, that’s why I am so mystified by my fascination with this room. Honestly, I would live in it, and love it. Perhaps I would feel differently if I physically stood in the room, but it translates to photo brilliantly and that’s how it captured me.

The flow of the natural light through those fairytale shades casts an enlivening spell on the room. I even love the fabric on the sofa. It looks so lively and opulent, yet calm and inviting. The luxuriousness of the “metal-lilac” stripes tie in flawlessly with the tinted roman shades while the muted gray-ish purple stripes of the sofa and the quiet pink walls soften the palate.

I also find the unexpected accessories very interesting. The Ikat bolster pillow and scratchy black art makes whose ever house this is their home.



I believe accessories should be like fingerprints, unique to you and one of a kind! :)






This pic was posted by one of my favorite bloggers, from http://www.plushpalate.blogspot.com/ I felt it was so resembling of the pic that I wrote about, I had to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment