9/18/2009

Showtime Design

WEEDS
... is over. I can't believe that Season 5 went by so fast. I can't believe Shane most likely killed Pilar with a croquet mallet and I can't believe I am going to have to wait another year to find out what happened.
Oh well, at least Dexter, Californication and The United States of Tara is about to start.
I just came across the neatest article on Metropolitan Home. All these famed designers do their own take on all of the Showtime series. The pic above is a Weeds design. A forest green wing back with a twist on the classic shape, an old root turned into pedestal for a perfect table base, industrial glass shelving units with recycled green glass beakers - it's organic yet industrial. This doesn't scream Nancy Botwin to me, she is more Bohemian Vintage-Modern in my opinion. But nevertheless, its a groovy look.


DEXTER.

What a lovable sick-o. Here is a take on his Miami life style. The crazy print on the right wall is a photo taken at a downward angle of him looking down. Odd, yet interesting.
My favorite piece in the room is the mid-century rocker. I think it adds great character to the room, giving the space a break from the stark modernness. It's a simple chair where a fastidious Dexter can get lost in his creepy thoughts.




The United States of Tara.
A kooky design for a kooky character. This room is her in a nut shell. It doesn't represent her 1950's Alice alter all that well... or her beer-drinking alter, Buck... Maybe its not supposed to though. This room seems like a teens dream, so I'm sure T would like it. I really don't like this room that much. It doesn't have much going on... it seems rather uninspired. However, I can't hate everything... I do like the area rug. It's script is of a French poem saying "lets dance."
"Lets Dance"
I suppose that a fitting phrase for someone who has to constantly keep up with four alters!








Hank Moody
a sexy room
for
a sexy man


haha ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment