9/23/2009

I've Fallen in Love with Fall... again.


In Houston, Weather is something to Celebrate
. . .
Us Houstonians long for days like today. A day where we are blessed with a break from the sodden humidity and blistering heat, a celebrated event known as our first cool front. I feel it should be a spontaneous holiday every year. I wished so much this morning, the second I felt the enlivening cool breeze on my skin as I stepped out my front door, to be able to spend my day haphazardly doing whatever I wanted (outside, as you would expect). I might have planted an herb garden which I’ve really wanted to do. Or maybe I would have wanted a hammock bad enough to go buy one. A picturesque picnic would have been nice too. Even a round of golf, I would have been up for almost anything al fresco! As it turns out, woefully today was not a holiday and as it goes, I went to work. But to add a cheerful note, I’m keen on what I do, so that’s always uplifting. I did however get to enjoy the comforting fresh air this evening while I walked Abby and Buddy at the park. I hope tomorrow’s weather is indistinguishable from today!

I envy the fortunate souls who experience the magnificent changing of the leaves every year. Only once have I witnessed its beauty, it was 2 years ago in Connecticut and it was unforgettable. The brilliance of the golden yellows, crimson reds, and pumpkin oranges left me speechless. I seriously recall being in shock.

Someday I intend on incorporating the warmth and coziness of fall into my own home. Be it with a new splash of color on a wall, vibrant arrangements of flowers, linens, candles, fuzzy pillows, flannel throws and seasonal rugs. Envisioning fall décor conjures up thoughts of relaxed refinement.


No comments:

Post a Comment